Friday, June 15, 2007

Chop Chop

Good morning, I trust your journey on the information super highway was nice and fast, and you reached this blog without any traffic congestion, unlike my drive to the city last night. It took me 2 hrs to go 45 miles to get to the Metro. Did I mention how much I dislike Chicago Cub fans? Let me re-state that. I hate drunk, obnoxious , asshole frat boy Cubs fans.

Last night was great because I got to see my good friend Chopper and Keeley. They both are amazing and I was very happy to get to see them. I had not seen Keeley in some time and it was great catching up with him.

Chopper was the first person I have ever hired. When I was given his contact info I was a bit leery. Who is this guy, the only Chopper I knew was that Aussie dude with all the tattoos and used to like to hurt people. Well, on the phone he didn’t sound that tough and his schedule worked out so I hired him on a “see how this works out basis” . Plans were set and Chopper joined us for his first show in NY at Central Park. I remember the first time meeting him. We had flown in from Tokyo and were just a bit jet lagged. When he called from the lobby of the hotel, I went down there half asleep and that other Chopper’s image was burned in my head. A huge sigh of relief came to me when I saw him and he looked nothing like the menacing, no eared vigilante.

How can you not love a guy like this? errr. well I mean how can you not love that you know a guy like this ! Chopper Rules !

No comments: