Thursday, June 21, 2007

Super Night


I saw Superchunk last night. Since I technically got married in 2006, this was the best night of the year so far! I was so excited, I had told Kristin that they were my favorite band, but I don’t think she knew how much I love them. When they played Animated Airplanes Over Germany and I started to sing all the words, I think she got it. I had seen them play at Metro 10 year’s prior and this time was just as great. Especially great because the show was a benefit for the Eff Cancer fund. The benefit was set up by a friend of a friend’s family because of their late brothers love of Superchunk. I didn't know Sean Silver, but I bet we would of been friends for sure. The benefit had a silent auction going, so I donated some of the cool DCFC show prints that I had collected over the past few tours. I think the posters fetched some good money.

No comments: