Thursday, June 14, 2007

Crime Wave




Kristin and I went to see the movie Mr. Brooks last weekend. We were a bit leery because Kevin Costner was the leading man and the film appeared not to be about baseball. It was a great movie and we loved it. Even with the addition of Dane Cook who up until now I had no idea what he looked like. I had only heard that he was some sort of comedian that frat guys really liked. I thought he was ok, I really liked William Hurt as the alter ego to Kevin Costner’s perfect business/family man. I think I liked the movie so much because of Mr. Brooks attention to detail. I love symmetry and have a hard time when the little things are looked over.

When my friends and I would get bored on tour we would try to conceive the perfect plan for a bank robbery. We would have the perfect alibi, being on tour, jumping from one city to the other. We would give all the members of the band and crew titles based on their personality and sometimes physical attributes. This guy was always the mastermind, the boss, the quarterback. We had a driver, navigator, explosives, computer geek, muscle men, decoys, runners, etc…the perfect team for the perfect heist. Essentially we were imitating the scripts from a combination of good bank heist movies. It was a good time filler on long bus rides or painful airport layovers.

No comments: